[OpenBIOS] More work on Solaris 8 SPARC32 crash

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Sun Feb 13 15:47:43 CET 2011

On 13/02/11 14:31, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> My current feeling is that maybe OpenBIOS isn't doing something right
> with PIL state somewhere, or we're reading back a zero value from either
> the clock (or a missing OpenBIOS property) which is causing us to die in
> the division in cbe_enable(). And another thing, what does cbe actually
> stand for?

Incidentally if I also enable romvec debugging in OpenBIOS this is what
I get on the console just before the crash:

vac: enabled in write through mode
mem = 131072K (0x8000000)
avail mem = 110419968
obp_nextnode(0x0) = 0xffd4527c
obp_proplen(0xffd4527c, reg) (not found)
obp_proplen(0xffd4527c, ranges) (not found)
obp_proplen(0xffd4527c, intr) (not found)
obp_proplen(0xffd4527c, interrupts) (not found)

So maybe it could be that the cbe_* functions are trying to get this
information from the root node node of the device tree, but I don't see
this in the prtconf output from the real SS5. Artyom, can you see these
properties on a real SS5 OBP device tree?