[OpenBIOS] Reducing CPU usage

Blue Swirl blauwirbel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 23:43:58 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 2:11 AM, Programmingkid
<programmingkidx at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to make OpenBIOS not use so much CPU time when running in QEMU? My laptop becomes very hot when I do anything in OpenBIOS.

I've noticed that too. The input device (keyboard/serial) is scanned
in a tight busy loop. With some effort, this could be changed to
interrupt driven.

But the same thing happens also when lots of Forth is executed, maybe
the Forth interpreter and QEMU code fits in the CPU cache nicely and
this then maximizes CPU throughput and power consumption.