[OpenBIOS] Solaris 8 - fun with CPUs :)

Artyom Tarasenko atar4qemu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 14:46:36 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Mark Cave-Ayland
<mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk> wrote:
> On 19/04/11 07:59, Artyom Tarasenko wrote:
>
>>> Hmmm. Since this was set to NULL, it was causing kadb to trap when trying
>>> allocate memory from OpenBIOS. Anyhow the parameters look pretty much
>>> like
>>> obp_dumb_memalloc() except with an extra parameter probably giving the
>>> alignment. So with a quick patch I can now fire up kadb like this:
>>
>> Great Job!
>
> Thanks :)  I thought you may be interested as I suspect your kadb-fu is a
> lot stronger than mine. Having played around with kadb a short time, I've
> already decided that it makes gdb look like a friendly GUI application in
> comparison :O

Indeed gdb is friendly (taking into account the program sizes it's no
wonder), but is there a way to make it load the symbols for the kernel
_and_ the modules? I would switch to gdb then.

--
Regards,
Artyom Tarasenko

solaris/sparc under qemu blog: http://tyom.blogspot.com/