[OpenBIOS] Solaris 8 - fun with CPUs :)

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Apr 19 11:25:22 CEST 2011

On 19/04/11 07:59, Artyom Tarasenko wrote:

>> Hmmm. Since this was set to NULL, it was causing kadb to trap when trying to
>> allocate memory from OpenBIOS. Anyhow the parameters look pretty much like
>> obp_dumb_memalloc() except with an extra parameter probably giving the
>> alignment. So with a quick patch I can now fire up kadb like this:
>
> Great Job!

Thanks :)  I thought you may be interested as I suspect your kadb-fu is
a lot stronger than mine. Having played around with kadb a short time,
I've already decided that it makes gdb look like a friendly GUI
application in comparison :O

>> Alas unfortunately I have no idea what this new mystery function is called,
>> so if anyone can come up with a more suitable name please let me know.
>
> Have you looked how the calling function is named? Maybe this could give a hint.

Alas kadb seems to jump into ufsboot in order to do the allocation
(there are some string references to just "alloc"), and ufsboot is a
stripped binary - presumably for space reasons.