[OpenBIOS] a boring question, is that forth quick?

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Mon Sep 27 12:07:43 CEST 2010

> Generally speaking, is that Forth quicker than C?
Not generally, no. It can be, but that's not the point.
> I hope to know, if we write OpenBIOS by C, is it quicker?
Possibly. But the project is about writing an IEEE 1275-1994 standard
compliance firmware, not about booting as fast as possible. If that is
what you're looking for, you should check out the coreboot project at
http://www.coreboot.org/

If you're looking for IEEE 1275-1994 compliant firmware in C, you might
also be interested in CodeGen's SmartFirmware.
http://www.codegen.com/SmartFirmware/ and
http://www.openfirmware.info/SmartFirmware

> BTW, which program language does used to write FCode evaluator?
The OpenBIOS implementation is written in Forth.