[OpenBIOS] x86 multiboot header?

Nathan Kunkee nkunkee42 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 9 03:22:12 CEST 2010

Hi all,

As of revision 861, I am unable to build a working multiboot image. I am working on Ubuntu 10.4, gcc 4.4. Although OpenSolaris b134, gcc4, also doesn't work.

Grub 1.95 doesn't recognize the file as a multiboot file. QEMU crashes when passed this via -kernel (something about running code near 0xa000). Sure enough, I can find the second header for 0x2BAD but not 0x1BAD. Is the linker script that prefixes the header off?

Thank you in advance for any assistance!
Nathan