[OpenBIOS] SOLVED: the mystery of Solaris on SPARC32 and the missing Forth arguments

Blue Swirl blauwirbel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 23:14:14 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 9:06 PM, Mark Cave-Ayland
<mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk> wrote:
> Blue Swirl wrote:
>
>>> None. It probably tries to access something which is not mapped.
>>
>> This could be verified by changing a line in helper.c:
>>    *physical = 0xffffffffffff0000ULL;
>> to for example
>>    *physical = 0xfef1f0fef1ff0000ULL;
>> and see if the address changes.
>
> It changes for me here:
>
> Unassigned mem write access of 4 bytes to fef1f0fef1ff0ecc from f004127c

Then it must be no-fault access. But I wonder why there is a fault, in
no-fault mode there should be no faults. And when MMU is switched back
to normal mode, the fake TLB mappings should be flushed.

> But then again I'm not sure whether this comment was aimed at me or Artyom?
> Does Tarl's suggestion of just ignoring write accesses to the ROM area sound
> feasible?

I don't think ROM area is in play, but no-fault mode.