[OpenBIOS] SOLVED: the mystery of Solaris on SPARC32 and the missing Forth arguments

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 18:41:50 CEST 2010

Artyom Tarasenko wrote:

> Ops. Forgot to submit this patch back then. :(. Sorry.

Heh :)

> The reason was not getting too far with the patch, because of the
> broken memory management.

Well one of the Forth words that it tries to execute is rmap at . According
to the OpenBOOT command reference, it looks like this:

rmap@  ( virt -- rmentry ) - Returns the region map entry for the
virtual address.

I have no idea what a region map is though; there is mention of MMU
region map sizes (based upon page table level) in the v8 architecture
manual, but nothing concrete enough to tell me what the above Forth word
should actually do...