[OpenBIOS] Q: How to "squeeze" C functions in between two symbols?

Andreas Färber andreas.faerber at web.de
Fri Oct 8 14:44:01 CEST 2010

Hello,

I've gotten AIX 6/7 to instantiate RTAS (patches upcoming) and would
like to trace what it's trying to do. I probably need to implement the
display-character token.

The RTAS code in arch/ppc/qemu/start.S currently looks like this:

GLOBL(of_rtas_start):
	blr
GLOBL(of_rtas_end):

...and I would like to branch to C code from there.

Is there a way to have code from, say, rtas.c go between the blr and
of_rtas_end symbol?
Or do I need to move the symbols to the ldscript and place the code in
a special section? If yes, how?

Those symbols are being used for code size calculation and relocation
in arch/ppc/qemu/methods.c.

Thanks,
Andreas