[OpenBIOS] OpenBIOS and ppc64?

Andreas Färber andreas.faerber at web.de
Fri Oct 1 00:20:12 CEST 2010

Am 30.09.2010 um 20:46 schrieb Blue Swirl:

> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber at web.de
> > wrote:
>> Not having (low-level) access to an IBM Power System / System p /
>> pSeries,
>> the best source I could find was a JS20 device tree [1]. (Some
>> older RS/6000
>> ones for comparison are available at [2].)

> If you don't have to implement JS20, are there any other machines
> where all devices are located inside the first 4G?

It doesn't need to be a JS20; any POWER4, PPC970, POWER5, POWER6 or
POWER7 CHRP system from IBM should do. Maybe Alex has access to one
for KVM?

Finding such a chrp system doesn't solve the mac99 issue though. Haiku
is happy that on OpenBIOS/ppc64 everything is like on 32-bit since it
hadn't been ported to ppc64 yet, so I'd rather have qemu-system-ppc64
for testing the actual differences than hiding them.
As you confirmed, it's not a question of cell size but of cell count.
I guess I'll have to try using a new type like phys_addr_t to replace
ucell in the ofmem backend.

> There are more trees here:
> http://penguinppc.org/historical/dev-trees-html/trees-index.html

Yeah, those were linked from tibit.org, but they're all Mac trees and
equally old.

Andreas