[OpenBIOS] ppc64 MMU issues

Andreas Färber andreas.faerber at web.de
Mon Nov 15 21:56:21 CET 2010

[snip]

Last night I finally made some small progress with ppc64: I picked up
Alex' suggestion of using slbmte, this does work for ppc but didn't
make a big change for ppc64. The 0x700 program exception turned out to
be caused by a jump to the isi_exception function descriptor rather
than the isi_exception() function. (Yet, the setup_mmu() function did
not seem to have a function descriptor, despite both sitting in C
code...)

I now get a 0x380 data segment exception, which seems caused by uses
of TOC offsets in entry() with r2 being zero, leading to data accesses
wrapping around into unmapped memory.

I thought we might be missing some ELF sections in the linker script
but my tries based on `powerpc64-linux-gnu-ld --verbose` were
unsuccessful. Is there a way to turn on warnings for sections dropped,
to rule this out? Who's responsible for r2 setup - GCC-generated code
or QEMU?

I'll flush my Forth queue now and will try to put together some more
RFCs.

Andreas