[OpenBIOS] [RFC] Switch OFMEM to use phys_addr_t for physical addresses

Andreas Färber andreas.faerber at web.de
Sun Nov 7 14:33:08 CET 2010

Am 07.11.2010 um 14:05 schrieb Mark Cave-Ayland:

> here's a v2 re-spin of the patchset based upon your other comments.
> Do you feel this is now ready for commit?

No, please see my other message.

Also, we need the FMT_* definition for all archs, not just sparc64 and
ppc.
I'd prefer to place it alongside the phys_addr_t typedef, following
the *cell example, to avoid new #ifdef'ery. The ppc one should be
%016llx for ppc64.

Still on my way to testing v1...
Since the phys_addr_t format stuff is something that will affect more
parts of the code, I'd like consensus on the name first and I would
like to hear further review from Blue (cc'ed).
If you're eager to continue with the sparc32 ofmem migration I'd
recommend a tool like Git (or maybe Quilt) to create a refineable
patch series.

Andreas