[OpenBIOS] [RFC v2] Pretty-print reg property

Andreas Färber andreas.faerber at web.de
Fri Nov 5 18:54:32 CET 2010

Am 04.11.2010 um 23:16 schrieb Segher Boessenkool:

>> My code may have been inefficient but better unstandable for
>> a Forth newbie...
>
> I found it quite the opposite -- I'm not a newbie but I found it very
> hard to read.  Maybe needs a bit more factoring?

Yeah, my problem in particular was your use of a number of unknown-to-
me words combined with a lack of inline stack diagrams. Starting with,
Leo Brodie doesn't cover ?do, just do. It might've manipulated the
stack, who knows. The `grep -r ": ?do" forth/` hit in OpenBIOS wasn't
too helpful, and Google doesn't distinguish between "do" and "?do" so
you get too many unrelated "do" hits. I got along by hoping it doesn't
place anything on the stack. Similar issues for <# etc., still no clue
there but it works.
Do you happen to know a suitable reference for looking up the meaning
of such words?

Mind to explain your 0.r choice of name? What's the r for?

Andreas