[OpenBIOS] ppc(64) debugging

Andreas Färber andreas.faerber at web.de
Mon Nov 1 17:36:09 CET 2010

Am 01.11.2010 um 12:01 schrieb Mark Cave-Ayland:

> FWIW I had a problem with SPARC64 crashing gdb when I tried to step
> through the initialisation, and in the end I found out that everyone
> worked once the MMU had been initialised. So I ended up putting a
> new label into entry.S just after the MMU had been enabled and
> breaking there, at which point everything seemed to behave.

Thanks for the suggestion. There's been a certain lag in mail
delivery...

Latest state with local patches is that hell breaks loose once the MMU
is set up. I get a 0x400 (ISI) exception and when the bctrl to
isi_exception() is executed, we end up at trap_error, where it
branches to unexpected_excep() and tries to printk() to the serial
port that's not yet set up. I'll put a few patches together.

Andreas