[OpenBIOS] PATCH: Make creation of the MMU translation entries architecture-specific

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon May 24 18:49:07 CEST 2010

Blue Swirl wrote:

>> I think I could probably do some of the work, but would struggle with the
>> SPARC assembler for MMU entries and the I/O mapping in SPARC32. Is this
>> something you think you'd be able to take a quick look at?
>
> There's also romvec tables that need to be managed. They are probably
> the primary interface for any OS.
>
> No need for any assembler except the macros at the end of
> arch/sparc32/lib.c. Sparc32 MMU is very simple, the thorough
> description in V8 manual is ~20 pages.
>
> IOMMU is described in Sun4M System Architecture Manual. IOMMU maps
> physical pages to device virtual memory space, much like MMU maps
> physical pages to CPU virtual space.

Well maybe I'll take a break from the OpenSolaris work for a while and
take a look at this to try and understand SPARC better. At the moment,
I'm working on an a patchset to finish off proper load/boot support but
this is currently taking longer than expected as I'm experiencing
strange bugs in grubfs :(