[OpenBIOS] Multiple APIs for ELF file handling

Blue Swirl blauwirbel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 21:53:11 CET 2010

On 3/23/10, Mark Cave-Ayland <mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk> wrote:
> Blue Swirl wrote:
>

> > Bad commits aren't very nice. Perhaps you should split the patche into
> > more digestable pieces? For example the implicit vs. explicit file
> > descriptor change should be safe.
> >

>  Hmmm that could be possible, although in order to commit a compilable
> build, it means making similar changes all over the arch/ tree before then
> moving just one copy into libopenbios. So that's a lot of extra work just to
> then rip it out in a subsequent commit :(  I think I'd much rather try and
> figure out why my latest SVN development code is failing in the Fcode loader
> if at all possible.

How about the other way round then, make the change after merge?

>  Incidentally, just to check I pulled out a fresh r684 from SVN which is the
> last commit before I started work on the refactoring. I then did a complete
> build check to see what I could compile. I then repeated the test with
> current SVN to ensure I hadn't broken anything during the first stage.
>
>  For those who are interested, the current SVN build status for me is given
> below (using cross-compiling where appropriate on x86 Linux):
>

>  arch/amd64      : builds openbios-unix only
>  arch/ppc/briq   : fails to compile with "Error -34 occured." error
>  arch/ppc/mol    : fails to compile with "undefined word" error
>  arch/ppc/pearpc : fails to compile with "Error -34 occured." error
>  arch/ppc/qemu   : builds ok
>  arch/sparc32    : builds ok
>  arch/sparc64    : builds ok
>  arch/x86        : builds ok
>

>  So in theory, I should be most of the way there by having a compilable
> build for the 4 successful platforms above. PPC does look quite broken at
> the moment though :(  Is there a current maintainer for the PPC code?

Laurent used to do a lot of PPC stuff, but he hasn't been active for a
while. Didn't Alexander also get commit access?

I test ppc/qemu every now and then, but I don't know how to test briq,
mol or pearpc. Also for x86 and amd64 I only test unix build.