[OpenBIOS] Multiple APIs for ELF file handling

Tarl Neustaedter Tarl.Neustaedter at Sun.COM
Sat Mar 20 20:19:00 CET 2010

On 2010-3-20 3:03 PM, Blue Swirl wrote:
> [...]
>>   Okay - in that case I'll rip it out. Just as a side question, what could I
>> use to test that I haven't broken the ELF code in QEMU? I'm guessing I could
>> test using something like the FC12 bootable CD for each platform (x86, PPC
>> and SPARC64) to check?
>>
> I think SILO and BSD loaders are still using a.out and Solaris uses FCode.

Solaris uses FCode for the primary booter (blocks 1-15), and ELF for the
secondary booter (/platform/xxx file read in by primary booter). Both
call back into Openboot code for I/O, until reaching "lights out", when
Solaris takes over the trap table and runs its own drivers.