[OpenBIOS] Building OpenBIOS on Mac OS X

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Mar 19 13:27:20 CET 2010

Programmingkid wrote:

> I have recently been able to go further in the build process of OpenBIOS thanks to recent changes. It stop building after forthstrap is made.
>
> Here is the error:
>
> HOSTCC forthstrap
>   GEN   bootstrap.dict
> panic: segmentation violation at 0x30061c
> dict=0x100300000 here=0x100300628(dict+0x628) pc=0x0(dict+0xffd00000)
> dstackcnt=0 rstackcnt=0 instruction=deadbeef
> dstack: 0x0
> rstack: 0x0
> Writing dictionary core file
> make[1]: *** [bootstrap.dict] Error 1
>
> Anyone know how to fix this problem or know what is causing the problem?

Oh really? I didn't realise that an OS X host build was broken, but it's
good to hear that at least you can get a bit further now. Is this from a
vanilla SVN checkout? The only reason I ask is that when I was working
on code patches in forth/bootstrap/bootstrap.fs, it was fairly easy to
cause forthstrap to segfault due to coding errors.