[OpenBIOS] [commit] r703 - in trunk/openbios-devel/arch: amd64 x86

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Mar 18 13:31:36 CET 2010

Stefan Reinauer wrote:

> Shouldn't that go into a header file instead, and that header file be
> included in both the providing and the consuming source file?

Yes, in an ideal world of course. I did a lot of untangling of the
header files in the main source tree last weekend, but I am still
looking at how the arch/ tree works. But it's worth putting in there at
the moment to avoid breaking the build while we decide what to do.

> If it's just about the warning, it might be better to use
> -Wno-missing-prototypes instead of artificially working around the warning..

Possibly, although I actually found it quite helpful for working out the
structure of the header files. It really helps show the interfaces at
different levels and thus define how everything hangs together.