[OpenBIOS] Tidying up the modules subdirectory

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Sun Mar 14 22:06:29 CET 2010

Blue Swirl wrote:

>>  1) Move the architecture specific dirs from include/ to include/arch
>
> This is like what Linux used to do. I like slightly more how it's done
> currently in Linux (arch/*/include) but this could require that arch
> specific stuff lives completely inside arch/* and this is not the case
> for for example PCI and other drivers.
>
>>  2) Match the directory structure with the OpenBIOS code, e.g.
>>
>>    include/arch/.../
>>    include/drivers/
>>    include/kernel/
>>    include/libc/ (already there)
>>    include/libopenbios/
>
> Good idea.
>
>>  The only thing I am currently undecided upon is where to put the
>> configuration files, e.g. config.h, sysinclude.h and mconfig.h. Should these
>> just go directly under include/?
>
> Probably.

Okay - the reorganisation is now complete :)  It was quite a challenge
to try and work out how some of the header files should be split, but I
think that it makes the overall source tree much easier to follow.

The only outstanding issue so far is that the PPC build was broken by
r693. I can't quite see at the moment why this is the case, so any
pointers would be appreciated...