[OpenBIOS] [commit] r793 - in trunk/openbios-devel/fs: hfs hfsplus

Blue Swirl blauwirbel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 21:13:59 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 8:08 PM, Mark Cave-Ayland
<mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk> wrote:
> Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
>
>> It seems as if Fedora expects the CDROM HFS filesystem to be partition 0,
>> whereas OpenSUSE wants it to be partition 1. In packages/mac-parts.c I can
>> see that there is an Apple_partition_map slice of the disk occupying slice 0
>> of the volume - can anyone with a PPC Mac confirm whether or not this is or
>> is not included in the OpenBoot partition numbering?
>
> Okay - I've just committed a fix for the package argument handling for file
> arguments with no partition identifier, and this seems to have fixed PPC so
> that both your openSUSE and Fedora PPC images boot once again - can you
> confirm at your end?

R795 passes my PPC tests. There are some new messages about unable to
open path, but maybe the errors were just hidden before:

Unable to open path 02,\install\yaboot.conf
Unable to open path 01,\install\yaboot.conf
Config file read, 1611 bytes

Unable to open path 02,\install\boot.msg
Unable to open path 01,\install\boot.msg
Welcome to Debian GNU/Linux etch!

This is a Debian installation CDROM,
built on 20081220-23:17.

The default option is 'install'. For maximum
control, you can use the 'expert' option.

If the system fails to boot at all (the typical
symptom is a white screen which doesn't go away),
use 'install video=ofonly' or 'expert video=ofonly'.

The plain options are for the powerpc family of
processors (from 601 to G4). The *64 options are for
64bit powerpc processors, which include the IBM
Power3, Power4, Power5, ... boxes, as well as the
Apple G5 boxes. Press the tab key for a list of
options, or type 'help' for help.

************************************
If in doubt, just choose 'install', and if that
doesn't work, try 'install video=ofonly'.
************************************
Welcome to yaboot version 1.3.13
Enter "help" to get some basic usage information
boot:
Please wait, loading kernel...
Unable to open path 02,\install\powerpc\vmlinux
Unable to open path 01,\install\powerpc\vmlinux
   Elf32 kernel loaded...
Unable to open path 02,\install\powerpc\initrd.gz
Unable to open path 01,\install\powerpc\initrd.gz
ramdisk loaded at 01900000, size: 3807 Kbytes