[OpenBIOS] [commit] r793 - in trunk/openbios-devel/fs: hfs hfsplus

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Jun 16 13:34:25 CEST 2010

Alexander Graf wrote:

> If you could be slightly more precise on what exactly I'd type in, I can
> certainly give it a try on my iBook. Also, please give me exact links to
> the isos you're referring to (preferrably netinstall) so we're on the
> same page.
>
> Alex

Sure, that would be great :)

I'm currently working with openSUSE-11.1-NET-ppc.iso. Rather than
autobooting the CD, can you go directly into OpenBoot and then try the
following to see which one is the HFS partition containing the main
filesystem image (and hence will boot the openSUSE CD):

boot cd:0
boot cd:1

I suspect it may be the latter, since the first entry is labelled
Apple_partition_map as opposed to Apple_HFS - but I'd like to check to
be sure.

TIA,