[OpenBIOS] [commit] r793 - in trunk/openbios-devel/fs: hfs hfsplus

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Jun 15 22:08:45 CEST 2010

Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> It seems as if Fedora expects the CDROM HFS filesystem to be partition
> 0, whereas OpenSUSE wants it to be partition 1. In packages/mac-parts.c
> I can see that there is an Apple_partition_map slice of the disk
> occupying slice 0 of the volume - can anyone with a PPC Mac confirm
> whether or not this is or is not included in the OpenBoot partition
> numbering?

Okay - I've just committed a fix for the package argument handling for
file arguments with no partition identifier, and this seems to have
fixed PPC so that both your openSUSE and Fedora PPC images boot once
again - can you confirm at your end?

Incidentally, I think there may be another low-level device emulation
bug in qemu ppc somewhere. If I boot the openSUSE image here then it
segfaults the qemu host binary during boot before reaching the installer
- perhaps another PCI device-related issue?