[OpenBIOS] [commit] r793 - in trunk/openbios-devel/fs: hfs hfsplus

Tarl Neustaedter tarl-b2 at tarl.net
Mon Jun 14 20:47:24 CEST 2010

> I don't think that is the case, because the element specifies the boot
> script (actually executable), not boot args. After the conversions,
> the path should be cdrom:1,\suseboot\yaboot.ibm, where 1 is the
> partition number.

Right. But you were getting an error message of "Unable to open path
,\suseboot\yaboot", which suggests to me that either the parser that was
peeling off arguments failed to discard the comma, or it was expected
somewhere else.

The exact parsing of the elements of the path after the ":" is
device-specific, and entirely up to that device driver. In general disk
devices will have a partition number/name for the first argument, but
that's about the only commonality.