[OpenBIOS] [commit] r793 - in trunk/openbios-devel/fs: hfs hfsplus

Tarl Neustaedter tarl-b2 at tarl.net
Mon Jun 14 15:16:22 CEST 2010

On 2010-6-14 7:18 AM, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> Blue Swirl wrote:
>
>> Not that I know of. I get the errors with gcc 4.2.4.
>
> I'm currently on 4.5.0 for SPARC64 and 4.3.2 for PPC.
>
>> It looks like PPC is broken:
>>
>> qemu-system-ppc -boot d -m 128 -cdrom  openSUSE-11.1-NET-ppc.iso -L .
>> -nographic
>> qemu: warning: could not load VGA bios 'video.x'
>> Could not open option rom 'pxe-ne2k_pci.bin': No such file or directory

>> Welcome to OpenBIOS v1.0 built on Jun 10 2010 20:15
>>
>> Unable to open path ,\suseboot\yaboot
>> No valid state has been set by load or init-program
>> No valid state has been set by load or init-program
>>
>> No valid state has been set by load or init-program
>> No valid state has been set by load or init-program
>> No valid state has been set by load or init-program
>> No valid state has been set by load or init-program
>>
>> 0 > QEMU 0.12.50 monitor - type 'help' for more information
>> (qemu) q
>
> I bet that's due to the parsing of the load argument. I took a hint
> from the CHRP spec which says that the partition id should be parsed
> from the load argument so that just the filename is passed down to the
> next level, which in this case is misc-files.
>
> My assumption is that load arguments are based upon the following form:
>
> - single digit partition id (0-9, a-f)
> - comma
> - path
>
> where the partition id and comma are optional. My first guess would be
> that this assumption is somehow wrong...

It looks like the comma should be peeled off from the above path (that
you should be feeding \suseboot\yaboot to your booter, and that comma is
almost certainly mistaken).

Normally we see boot command of the form:

     boot /pci at 400/.../scsi at 0/disk at 3:a kernel/misc/kadb

There is a space between the :a (specifying the partition), and
"kernel/misc/kadb" is the debugging form of unix. I know the above
command gets translated into a bootpath where the "/" are replaced with
"|" and somehow attached to the path, but I don't have access to the
sources right now to see how. I'll followup in a few hours with that
information.