[OpenBIOS] /packages/disk-label, /packages/sun-parts and /packages/misc-files

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Jun 7 19:41:48 CEST 2010

Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> Anyone have any comment on this? Or can I just go ahead and start
> tidying up and applying patches?

Right. I'm pleased to report that I have a patch that works reasonably
well here which changes the interposition order as discussed in this
thread. I did a lot of tidyups, commenting and adding extra debugging
where I felt was relevant.

I'm quite pleased with this patch, as with the new order it's possible
for each module instance to keep track of its own position and simply
call the parent with the modified offsets (rather than using get-info).
This makes the code a lot easier to follow.

Since I was working on SPARC64, I also fixed up some alignment errors in
the pc-parts module so that OpenBIOS SPARC64 can now read partitions
from VM images, plus the argument passing (partition id/filename) now
works correctly which should allow load to be integrated properly into
the boot word with a subsequent patchset.

The main reason I haven't committed this yet is that I currently don't
have a disk image to test /packages/mac-parts so I can make the relevant
changes there. Can anyone point me towards, or possibly supply a small
test image so I can update the relevant code before commit?