[OpenBIOS] Dependencies

Andreas Färber andreas.faerber at web.de
Thu Jun 3 13:22:52 CEST 2010

Am 03.06.2010 um 13:00 schrieb Stefan Reinauer:

> On 6/3/10 12:58 PM, Stefan Reinauer wrote:

>>> Or run `make clean`, which should hopefully be working since r774.
>>>
>>> Stefan, if you could hint us I would rather try to fix this issue.
>>> It's too easy getting bitten by it.
>>>
>> Hm.. maybe it would work to just add -MMD to CFLAGS to have gcc
>> produce
>> the correct dependencies in .d files.
>>
> (and include those .d files, of course)

Hm, don't think that's the (only) issue here. Basic .c -> .o
dependencies appeared to work okay for me. -MMD might help for
included files? I think the Forth dictionaries are part of the problem
though. At least that was the problem I ran into some time ago.

Another dependency issue that's been annoying me is that the version
files don't get updated. I was considering a patch that regenerates
them as part of (not dependency of) the versions target. Alternatively
we could print the Git hash or SVN revision rather than the ever-
changing time.

Andreas