[OpenBIOS] Bug in open-dev

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Sat Jul 31 19:01:01 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I'm currently in the middle of chasing a bug in the Forth open-dev word
and was wondering if anyone can help me out? It only seems to show up on
SPARC32, and only on disk/cdrom devices. What happens is that sometimes
open-dev leaves an extra 1 on the stack which breaks some of my
subsequent code, e.g.

Configuration device id QEMU version 1 machine id 32
UUID: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
CPUs: 1 x FMI,MB86904
Welcome to OpenBIOS v1.0 built on Jul 31 2010 15:05
   Type 'help' for detailed information

0 > showstack  ok
0 > s" ttya" open-dev  ok
-24b1f8 < 1 > close-dev  ok
0 > s" cdrom" open-dev  ok
1 -24aff0 < 2 > close-dev  ok
1 < 1 > drop  ok

I think that something in the tree layout of SPARC32 is triggering a bug
somewhere in (path-resolution) but I haven't quite managed to grok it
yet. Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this?