[OpenBIOS] Latest SPARC64 & Milax update

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Jan 7 11:54:55 CET 2010

Igor Kovalenko wrote:

> Not sure I can even try this without working timers on sparc64
> I think sparc (or maybe ppc as well) has good enough timer
> support so openbios can progress in implementing alarm word.
>
> Do we have a test case for alarm word? Is it really useful?

Yes. The Milax loader tries to set up an alarm callback to display a
twirly baton during the loading stage, so that would be a good test. Is
it useful? Hmmm.... ;)

It just struck me that it would be a good test for SPARC64 interrupt
handling in Qemu as it's something that can easily be tested from OpenBIOS.