[OpenBIOS] Latest SPARC64 & Milax update

Blue Swirl blauwirbel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 13:00:11 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Mark Cave-Ayland
<mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Hmmm no - looking at the PPC code for the go word it seems that we need
>>> someone who owns a copy of the IEEE-1275 bindings for SPARC and who is
>>> proficient in SPARC assembler to implement this :(
>>
>> Which bindings? http://playground.sun.com/1275/home.html gives a SPARC
>> binding but that is for V8.
>
> I think that will do; at least it should contain enough information to work
> on the saved-program-state and the interaction between the client image and
> OF.  Alas it's quite far out of my sphere of knowledge though.

Looking at SILO and Linux usage, It looks like OF entry point needs to
be in %o4 and %o0 must be zero.

http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/arch/sparc64/kernel/head.S?v=linux-2.4.22
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/bcollins/silo.git;a=blob;f=first/ultra.S;h=b285e1d66009e3490c47e4369d541a65529e27b5;hb=a55764ceef83086d00b5f7b8b3027b517fc4ca23
http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/arch/sparc/kernel/head.S?v=linux-2.4.22

But start_client_image() already handles this, except for zero %o0.

> Igor has suggested a C version in his previous email, although again I don't
> really know enough about SPARC to know if this is valid or not.

Looks OK, though I don't again see any difference.