[OpenBIOS] Latest SPARC64 & Milax update

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Sat Jan 2 13:48:17 CET 2010

Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> What I can't see at the moment is how the device switch takes place,
> i.e. when /ramdisk-root is used to load the kernel from the image. There
> are several checks for nested? in do-boot and friends which make me
> think that something in init-program should be calling do-boot again
> once the ramdisk switch has taken place...

Well I'm not sure what *should* be happening, but it seems that I can
manually boot the ramdisk by hand after the initial expection, e.g:

boot cdrom

And then when the exception is thrown, manually boot the ramdisk with:

boot /ramdisk-root

This gets things a bit further but it looks like we need a module or 2
included for SPARC64 which aren't in there already.

Tarl: is this nested boot process something that auto-boot should handle
automatically based on various bootarchive properties set by the initial
Fcode loader?