[OpenBIOS] [RFT] ppc64 OpenBIOS

Andreas Färber andreas.faerber at web.de
Sat Dec 18 03:30:08 CET 2010

Hello,

Except for some fs/iso9660/ issues, ppc64 guests are booting for me
with the last five OpenBIOS patches posted.

You can find them together with the config change to use fs/grubfs/
here:

   git://repo.or.cz/openbios/afaerber.git ppc64-boot

Please test your favorite ppc64 kernels and images with obj-ppc64/
openbios-qemu.elf!

If I don't hear of regressions, I'll commit those patches. Once that
is done and the iso9660 issues hopefully fixed, I would ask for Blue
to commit openbios-ppc and openbios-ppc64 blobs to QEMU. I'll then
prepare a QEMU patch to switch the default qemu-system-ppc64
ppc_newworld.c BIOS from openbios-ppc to openbios-ppc64.

Thanks,
Andreas