[OpenBIOS] Sparc64 memory allocation problem

Tarl Neustaedter tarl-b2 at tarl.net
Thu Aug 26 01:40:54 CEST 2010

>> It does not report this as available memory to Solaris, which is why there
>> isn't a conflict.
>
> Could you define "report this as available memory" please? Physical?
> Virtual? In some particular OF node/property?

It's been a while... My recollection is that the /memory node ends up
specifying the physical memory that OBP occupies in the "reg" property, while
the memory available to Solaris' use is in the "available" property. I found
at least one instance where OBP takes 1000.0000 bytes at startup, but that's
on a per-platform basis and it's buried in the assembler code, so hard to
figure out at a glance.