[OpenBIOS] Sparc64 memory allocation problem

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Aug 24 23:50:04 CEST 2010

Blue Swirl wrote:

>> If you quickly rearrange elf_load.c in this way, does that solve the boot
>> problem for both openBSD and Milax?
>
> I don't think so, OpenBSD crashes again when clearing BSS. Milax is unchanged.
>
> I moved ofmem_claim() call to load_segments().

Hmmm I didn't think that elf_load() should be being called by the
openBSD IEEE-1275 bootblock at all (it looks like the source just opens
the file as a standard device) - is it?

Assuming this was the case, I was going to suggest removing lines
495-528 from elf_load.c and then seeing what a CONFIG_DEBUG_OFMEM build
returns - at a minimum it should show which regions are being specified
by the boot loader, and which are being automatically allocated.