[OpenBIOS] latest SVN doesn't boot -kernel on PPC

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 10:33:27 CEST 2010

Nick Couchman wrote:

> Have you been following the discussion on cdrom vs. cdrom:f (or whatever partition the CD-ROM boots from)?  One of the recent changes necessitates specifying the partition instead of just cdrom.  I'm pretty sure Mark is working on fixing this, but there was some challenge to it.
>
> -Nick

Actually this isn't quite right; at least Solaris 9 needs an explicit
slice given on the boot command line in order for the bootblock to load
correctly. When auto-boot is enabled (as by default) then this is now
the default.

It's only when you turn off autoboot (as you would typically do for
debugging) that you need to remember to give a specific slice.

HTH,