[OpenBIOS] Solaris 9: failed boot with strange device names

Tarl Neustaedter tarl-b2 at tarl.net
Sun Aug 15 19:40:11 CEST 2010

  On 2010-8-15 9:21 AM, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> [...]
> The part I'm missing is how Fcode calling the CIF "open" word can invoke the
> "open" word within the /packages/ufs-file-system package which should do the
> right thing - anyone have any bright ideas?

There is an interpose missing in there...

Ah, yes. The scsidisk.fth does an open-package of "disk-label" (found in
obp/pkg/boot/sunlabel.fth of the open-sourced openboot), which in turn does an
interpose of "ufs-file-system". The interpose means that subsequent calls to
open and any other functions get directed to the interposing package, which
can only get to the scsidisk package by $call-parent.