[OpenBIOS] [commit] r847 - trunk/openbios-devel/libopenbios

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Aug 11 18:46:16 CEST 2010

Artyom Tarasenko wrote:

>> Is this just an update, or are you reporting a
>> regression?
>
> It must be a regression. svn.738 was able to launch ufsboot (and hang
> afterwards due to a memory corruption). Didn't check the later
> versions.

Okay - looks like the romvec obp_devclose() function was broken on
SPARC32 causing a stack underflow. With latest SVN, I can now see a lot
more romvec debug activity on kernel boot, however it still crashes :(

Artyom, can you confirm the fix in SVN works for you, and also whether
we are failing with the same error as before or whether this is
something new? (i.e. the boot is getting further)