[OpenBIOS] [commit] r847 - trunk/openbios-devel/libopenbios

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Wed Aug 11 02:23:13 CEST 2010

> Hi Nick,
>
> I don't think I've ever tested Solaris with OpenBIOS SPARC32 (although I
> have been told we may have some Solaris 8 CDs lying around somewhere if
> they would do the job?). Is this just an update, or are you reporting a
> regression? If it's a regression, can you do an SVN bisect?

Mark,
This is not a regression, that I know of - just posting an update and wondering if this was believed to work, now, or if there are still known issues booting Solaris.  I still cannot boot Solaris under SPARC64 - looks like some recent messages between you and Blue indicate that at least some of the issues with SPARC64 boot are supposed to be cleaned up, but I still get an "out of space" error when trying to boot OpenSolaris for SPARC.  I'll have to try a few other variants and see if I get similar results.

Thanks, again, for all the work - the progress over the last couple of months has been enormous and I'm just chomping at the bit to see Solaris run under Qemu!

:-)

-Nick

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.