[OpenBIOS] [commit] r832 - in trunk/openbios-devel: arch/sparc32 drivers

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Sun Aug 8 13:56:45 CEST 2010

Blue Swirl wrote:

>> Ah I see. Looks like the return value is different between open_io() and
>> open_ih() :(
>
> Not really. ;-)

Hmmm I seem to remember based on existing code that the return value was
wrong - obviously I changed the wrong end, so there may be some other
breakage somewhere else.

>>> I think it's better to postpone these changes until multiple boot
>>> devices can be used in openbios.c.
>> I'm confused. Surely if the "cdrom" alias is fixed, then once it is changed
>> then it doesn't matter anymore as you would specify -boot d on the qemu
>> command line? Or do you mean there is something still not right with the
>> multiple boot-device code?
>
> Yes, it doesn't work with reversed list either.

I've just tried adding a "cdrom:d" prefix to the cdrom boot-device list
in arch/sparc32/openbios.c and it boots fine for me. Can you give me an
example of where the code is not working as expected?