[OpenBIOS] [commit] r832 - in trunk/openbios-devel: arch/sparc32 drivers

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Aug 4 21:16:35 CEST 2010

Blue Swirl wrote:

> When I changed 'cdrom' to 'cdrom:d', several images couldn't boot,
> strangely including some of the NetBSD ones which don't want ':d'.
> Maybe our Sun partition logic is not correct or we are ignoring some
> kind of bootability flag.

Maybe. The Sun partition handling is one of the parts I haven't really
touched, and I can't say that I've seen a specification for it either,
so the behaviour is probably unknown.

Interestingly enough, I was testing with netbsd on ppc before I
committed the last patch, and it appears to load the kernel but then
hang early during execution. A couple of error messages on the console
seem to indicate that it wants an implementation of dma-alloc, although
it seems a bit strange that it locks the machine up...