[OpenBIOS] [commit] r832 - in trunk/openbios-devel: arch/sparc32 drivers
mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Aug 4 12:32:14 CEST 2010
repository service wrote:
> sparc32: fix pre-loaded kernel command line
> Fix more breakage from r828:
> For some reason, QEMU/Sparc32 does not set FW_CFG_CMDLINE_SIZE, so
> we have to use FW_CFG_KERNEL_CMDLINE instead.
> Setup romvec obp_arg.argv and "boot-file" property.
> Remove obsolete command line setup code from obio.c.
Looks good to me.
Just for the record, with r828 the way that bootpath/bootargs should now
work is as follows:
- All Qemu configuration should now take place in the arch_init() (or
equivalent) function only
- arch_init() should read the Qemu firmware device and setup the NVRAM
variables boot-device and boot-file (boot-device can now take a list of
space-separated devices to search - see ppc/qemu for an example of this)
- Everything else is now magically handled by Forth in (encode-bootpath)
based upon the following rules from the IEEE-1275 spec:
- If either "load" or "boot" are issued on their own, search through
each boot-device in order until open returns a valid ihandle, then
load/boot from this. bootargs is set to the contents of boot-file.
- If either "load <device>" or "boot <device>" are specified then
only attempt to use the device specified on the command line.
bootargs is set to the contents of boot-file.
- If either "load <device> <cmdline>" or "boot <device> <cmdline>"
are specified then only attempt to use the device specified on the
command line. bootargs is set to <cmdline>.
Incidentally, I've just realised that this fixes "boot cdrom -H" on
SPARC64 too :)
Mark Cave-Ayland - Senior Technical Architect
PostgreSQL - PostGIS
Sirius Corporation plc - control through freedom
t: +44 870 608 0063
Sirius Labs: http://www.siriusit.co.uk/labs
More information about the OpenBIOS