[OpenBIOS] [commit] r832 - in trunk/openbios-devel: arch/sparc32 drivers

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Aug 4 12:32:14 CEST 2010

repository service wrote:

> Log:
> sparc32: fix pre-loaded kernel command line
>
> Fix more breakage from r828:
>
> For some reason, QEMU/Sparc32 does not set FW_CFG_CMDLINE_SIZE, so
> we have to use FW_CFG_KERNEL_CMDLINE instead.
>
> Setup romvec obp_arg.argv[1] and "boot-file" property.
>
> Remove obsolete command line setup code from obio.c.

Looks good to me.

Just for the record, with r828 the way that bootpath/bootargs should now
work is as follows:

- All Qemu configuration should now take place in the arch_init() (or
equivalent) function only

- arch_init() should read the Qemu firmware device and setup the NVRAM
variables boot-device and boot-file (boot-device can now take a list of
space-separated devices to search - see ppc/qemu for an example of this)

- Everything else is now magically handled by Forth in (encode-bootpath)
based upon the following rules from the IEEE-1275 spec:

     - If either "load" or "boot" are issued on their own, search through
     each boot-device in order until open returns a valid ihandle, then
     load/boot from this. bootargs is set to the contents of boot-file.

     - If either "load <device>" or "boot <device>" are specified then
     only attempt to use the device specified on the command line.
     bootargs is set to the contents of boot-file.

     are specified then only attempt to use the device specified on the
     command line. bootargs is set to <cmdline>.

Incidentally, I've just realised that this fixes "boot cdrom -H" on
SPARC64 too :)

HTH,