[OpenBIOS] Possible MMU translation bug?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Apr 16 12:07:37 CEST 2010

Tarl Neustaedter wrote:

> My recollection (I don't have time to pursue it right now, alligators at
> work) is that OpenBoot switches register sets when called by Solaris,
> thus using a different set of globals. I'll try to check later.

Oh wait - I think I see what it is now. On closer inspection, it seems
that translate was being invoked through CIF after all (I think now the
Qemu output only shows blocks being translated and not executed?).

Tracing through the code, it seems like there's an off-by-one bug in the
CIF parameter code which means that a subsequent stack push will
overwrite the last saved parameter (which is %g7). I think I've fixed it
and am testing a patch now.