[OpenBIOS] OpenSolaris starts to live on SPARC64

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Fri Apr 2 22:49:12 CEST 2010

> Hi all,
>
> After all the refactoring work, I got around to re-working the
> init-program and go words and plugging the new unified ELF loader into
> the SPARC64 build.
>
> And the result? As of SVN r730, I'm pleased to report that the Solaris
> kernel starts to execute on my Milax test ISO. After typing "go" to
> execute the loaded ELF image manually, I see a twirly baton rotating on
> the console for about 0.5s before the inevitable segfault. So it's a
> small step, but still a great milestone for the OpenBIOS project :D
>

> Happy holidays,
>
> Mark.

Awesome, Mark - this is great news!  Thanks for all the work put into this!

-Nick

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.