[OpenBIOS] OpenSolaris starts to live on SPARC64

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 16:23:43 CEST 2010

Hi all,

After all the refactoring work, I got around to re-working the
init-program and go words and plugging the new unified ELF loader into
the SPARC64 build.

And the result? As of SVN r730, I'm pleased to report that the Solaris
kernel starts to execute on my Milax test ISO. After typing "go" to
execute the loaded ELF image manually, I see a twirly baton rotating on
the console for about 0.5s before the inevitable segfault. So it's a
small step, but still a great milestone for the OpenBIOS project :D

Happy holidays,