[OpenBIOS] input length

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 12:45:27 CEST 2010

Artyom Tarasenko wrote:

> Ok, now that I've got through the first Forth problem, the next question is
> if there is an assembler/machine code debugger too?

No, not built-in. However it's very easy to use qemu in conjunction with
the -S and -s command line options to attach a cross-gdb to your virtual
machine. In fact, using this approach in conjunction with the unstripped
OpenBIOS image makes it possible to insert breakpoints into the C
sections of OpenBIOS and step through as required.

See my post from the archives here:
http://lists.openbios.org/pipermail/openbios/2009-January/003418.html
for more detail on how I managed it for SPARC64.

HTH,