[OpenBIOS] PATCH: Rework CIF interface to handle parameters in reverse order

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Nov 25 12:33:49 CET 2009

Nick Couchman wrote:

> Mark,
> Thanks for the patch - for me this takes care of the seek failed error when booting off the Solaris Nevada DVD, but I'm back to getting this:

No worries. Looks like it still needs some work on the C interface end
though.

> 0 > boot cdrom
> [sparc64] Booting file 'cdrom' with parameters ''
> Not a bootable ELF image
> Not a Linux kernel image
> Not a bootable a.out image
> Loaded 7120 bytes
> entry point is 0x4000
> Evaluating FCode...
> Unhandled Exception 0x0000000008000000
> PC = 0x00000000ffd10e3c NPC = 0x00000000ffd10e40
> Stopping execution
>
> the exception being at the following location:
> 0xffd10e3c is in cfetch (../include/openbios/stack.h:34).
> 29	typedef ucell phandle_t;
> 30
> 31
> 32
> 33
> 34	static inline void PUSH(ucell value) {
> 35		dstack[++dstackcnt] = (value);
> 36	}
> 37	static inline void PUSH_xt( xt_t xt ) { PUSH( (ucell)xt ); }
> 38	static inline void PUSH_ih( ihandle_t ih ) { PUSH( (ucell)ih ); }
>
> If you're interested in the full output of "boot cdrom" with "true to ?fcode-verbose", I've put it here:
> http://openbios.pastebin.com/m1c58f4e5
>
> Maybe there's somewhere else where the stack is in the wrong order - I don't know that I've seen cfetch mentioned before??
>
> -Nick

On my Milax test ISO here, it's actually crashing calling one of the
Forth methods to do with getting the platform/architecture name so you
probably don't need to go down to C level (yet). However, given that
there is a still an issue with the CIF C interface, it would make sense
to fix that first before spending more time on this just in case the two
problems are related.