[OpenBIOS] Sparc64 OpenBIOS

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Nov 18 22:01:34 CET 2009

Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> Hmmm it looks to me as if the client interface seek word is expecting
> the arguments in a different order - I would expect ihandle>phandle to
> be executed on ffe4adc8, not on 0.

Referring to the IEEE-1275 spec, the arguments for seek are listed as:

IN: ihandle, pos.hi, pos.lo

whereas the comments in forth/system/ciface.fs say:

( ihandle pos_hi pos_lo -- status )

Has OpenBIOS misinterpreted the spec, in that arguments in the OF spec
should read top of the stack to bottom of the stack from left to right,
rather than the other way around? Then again, if this were the case,
would other OpenBIOS-based client interfaces not have discovered this
before?