[OpenBIOS] Sparc64 OpenBIOS

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Wed Nov 18 15:50:47 CET 2009

>>> On 2009/11/17 at 11:17, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de>
wrote:
> Nick Couchman wrote:
>> So, on the Nevada b127 boot attempt (and on Solaris 10 - output is
> identical), here's the output from "see do-boot" (note that "boot -H
cdrom"
> doesn't seem to make this word available - I have to do a real boot
before it
> loads it and I can see what it's attempting to do):
>>
> Did you try boot cdrom -H instead?

Ah, this seems to work better - didn't realize that the order of
arguments mattered.  Thanks!

>> FCode UFS Reader 1.12 00/07/17 15:48:16.
>> Boot load failed.
>>  ok
>>

> You should see more with
>
> 0 > true to fcode-debug?

Hmmm...I set this in the openbios/forth/admin/nvram.fs file before
compiling.  If I try doing this command before a boot, I get the
following:

0 > true to fcode-debug?  ok
0 > boot cdrom -H
[sparc64] Booting file 'cdrom' with parameters '-H'
Not a bootable ELF image
Not a Linux kernel image
Not a bootable a.out image
Loaded 7120 bytes
entry point is 0x4000
Evaluating FCode...
Unhandled Exception 0x0000000000000034
PC = 0x00000000ffd0f05c NPC = 0x00000000ffd0f060
Stopping execution

Thanks!
-Nick

> before attempting to boot here.
>
> It looks a whole lot like it tries to read a machine type but that
> fails, so it's reading /platform//ufsboot first, and then falls back
> /platform/sun4u/ufsboot...
>
> Stefan
>

> --
> coresystems GmbH * Brahmsstr. 16 * D-79104 Freiburg i. Br.
>       Tel.: +49 761 7668825 * Fax: +49 761 7664613
> Email: info at coresystems.de  * http://www.coresystems.de/
> Registergericht: Amtsgericht Freiburg * HRB 7656
> Geschäftsführer: Stefan Reinauer * Ust-IdNr.: DE245674866

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.