[OpenBIOS] Sparc64 OpenBIOS

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Wed Nov 18 16:15:41 CET 2009

>>> On 2009/11/17 at 10:37, Tarl Neustaedter <Tarl.Neustaedter at Sun.COM> wrote:
> [...]
>> Based on that output, it's hard for me to tell what about "open-package'"
> failed
>>

> Yup. What I spot:
>
> : mount-root  ( Empty )
> 00000000ffe35d28: boot-dev$  ( ffe357a8 6 )
> 00000000ffe35d30: fs-pkg$  ( ffe357a8 6 ffe317c0 10 )
> 00000000ffe35d38: $open-package
> : $open-package  ( ffe357a8 6 ffe317c0 10 )
>
> It looks like fs-pkg$ names the package it's opening. I'm guessing
> that's hsfs-file-system, but you should probably verify that's what is
> in that string (do a "2dup type" before calling $open-package). If
> that's correct, then rather than descending into open-package, you
> probably want to put a breakpoint at "open" in
> /packages/hsfs-file-system, which is where that will end up after much
> wandering around. Then proceed from there - you really don't want to
> trace through instance creation.

Okay, I was able to do a "2dup type" and verify that hsfs-file-system is the name of the file that it's trying to open.

Again, forgive my ignorance (being new to this whole development process), but what's the best way to insert a breakpoint where you've suggested?

Thanks!
-Nick

> The reason you weren't able to see all that (which would have been
> overwhelming) is a bit further down:
>
> 00000000ffe135f0: (lit)  ( 1 ffe2fe38 ffe4b1d8 ffe4b548 ffe135e0 4 ffe4b558
> ffe13310 )
> 00000000ffe13600: catch  ( 1 ffe2fe38 ffe4b1d8 ffe4b548 ffffffffffffffff 0 )
>

> That's basically a subroutine call to ffe13310, which it didn't show.

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.