[OpenBIOS] Sparc64 OpenBIOS

Nick Couchman Nick.Couchman at seakr.com
Tue Nov 17 19:48:02 CET 2009

Also...I'm running into a problem when I try to do "see open-package" - I get an "Unhandled Exception":

0 > see open-package
: open-package
  create-instance dup 0= if
  3drop 0 exit >r strdup r@ >in.arguments 2! (lit) (lit) then
  Unhandled Exception 0x6f70656dffffe000
PC = 0x00000000ffd10e3c NPC = 0x00000000ffd10e40
Stopping execution

Maybe this has something to do with me trying to view the function outside of its execution context, but just seems weird that most/all of the other ones work fine, and this one generates this error.

-Nick

>>> On 2009/11/17 at 08:12, Tarl Neustaedter <Tarl.Neustaedter at Sun.COM> wrote:
> [...]
>> I also figured out that for some of the words to become available I have to
> actually execute a real boot - not sure why.
>>

> The primary booter you are reading from blocks 1-15 of the boot
> partition create a bunch of words (most importantly, do-boot). It also
> creates a package, probably /package/hsfs-file-system
>
>> Here's the output from "do-boot" once I turn on debugging for Solaris Nevada
> B127:
>>
>> 0 > do-boot
>> : do-boot  ( Empty )
>> 00000000ffe388e8: parse-bootargs  ( Empty )
>> 00000000ffe388f0: halt?  ( 0 )
>> 00000000ffe388f8: do?branch  ( Empty )
>> 00000000ffe38948: get-bootdev  ( Empty )
>> 00000000ffe38950: load-pkg  ( Empty )
>> 00000000ffe38958: mount-root
>> seek failed
>>
>> Can't mount root
>>  Aborted.
>> 0 >
>>
>> Again, not sure why it can't mount-root, but that seems to be the issue.
>
> Yup. The seek failed indicates it wasn't able to read something it
> needed to read. So the next step is to do
> the above, only instead of calling mount-root, figure out what
> mount-root has in it, and execute those one-by-one at the ok prompt. Or
> use the debugger to single step through it.
>
> Somewhere in there either you are coming up with some bad disk
> addresses, or the HBA driver is failing a read. The alternative would be
> to debug the HBA driver and see what disk reads you are being asked to
> do, and try to trace backwards.

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.